Solved Synergy Problem With Dependent Libs



I was having trouble with Synergy on one of my mixed Windows7 and Ubuntu 10.10 setups, the graphical interface never started.

I checked for log errors, nothing there.  Checked for zombie or orphaned processes, nothing running amok there.  I felt it was graphical in nature but nothing but my trick knee to back that up.  I removed and installed a couple of times and finally went to the older version, which uses QuickSynergy and it would work, but the new menu never popped up, it is based on QuickSynergy.  Well, running /usr/bin/synergyc and /usr/bin/synergys from the command line gave no trouble, but running /usr/bin/qsynergy generated errors with missing libs.  So I installed this neat little utility getlibs from a post on Ubuntu Forums.   And where I was tracking the libs down one by one, and haven’t we all done this, this little program fixed all of them and Synergy was fixed.  It also fixed my audio on that machine as well, but that is another post for another time.  Give it a try, worked great.