It’s an initiative for knowing the people behind a website. It’s a TXT file that contains information about the different people who have contributed to building the website.
- Create a text file called humans.txt (always in lower-case) and make it UTF-8 encoded to avoid issues with special characters and multiple languages.
If you want, you can also:
- Place a reference to the file in the
<head>of the site:
<link rel="author" href="humans.txt" />
- For the sake of clarity and to keep a basic visual structure, you can use the headings /*TEAM*/ and /*SITE*/ to separate the human team from other information about the website.
- Include the following information about every human involved in the project: role, name, contact, twitter, geolocation, etc. Please be aware that you may have to deal with spam if you include email adresses.
- You can also include additional information about the site, such as the date of the last update (YYYY/MM/DD), its main language, its Doctype and other components, tools and software used on the development.
- Save the file and place it in your site root.
- Add the humansTXT button to your site and link it to your humansTXT file.