I solved the problem where after an update tt-rss displayed a red box “Update Deamon not Running” [regrets for not having a screen shot of that].
What I found, and I am sure it is in the documentation is that in the tt-rss/lock directory, there are two files: update_deamon.lock and update_deamon.stamp and mind had significantly different time stamps [ ls -l * ], one immediately after the update. I deleted them both and restarted my httpd.service and the deamon ran successfully after that.
I would post this on a support forum or upvote wherever I found it; however, I just took a quick look around for an error log and lock files to warm up my awareness of key issues prior to checking those. Yeah me!